The former town house and a horse chestnut tree in full blossom at the Haagsemarkt // Princenhage
Although I can hardly say that we had a winter, the end of it makes me realise what I have been missing most, all of the years that I lived in the Caribbean: the colourful magic springtime in the Netherlands brings. When I leave my house, I find myself gratefully welcoming each sign of new life, the trees decorated with explosions of flowers, their leaves bursting into wonderful vivid greens, the activity of nest building birds, the dazzling show of colours and scents, the warm and refreshing air… There is so much going on that needs to be cherished, admired and appreciated.
I had simply forgotten how amazing it is to watch nature come alive.
Colour inspiration // The colours of Princenhage in springtime
Blossom pink ~ C=0 M=25 Y=10 K=0 // R=240 G=200 B=205 // #edc8cb // PMS 7499
Off white ~ C=0 M=5 Y=5 K=0 // R=250 G=240 B=230 // #faf0e6 // PMS 609
Springtime green ~ C=10 M=5 Y=25 K=0 // R=230 G=230 B=195 // #e4e4c5 //
Baby blue ~ C=20 M=10 Y=5 K=0 // R=205 G=210 B=225 // #cbd4e1 // PMS 304
Photographs of Princenhage in springtime © Irèn Nooren // Memento Vivi
More photo-editing by Memento Vivi // Irèn Nooren
- Driving down the coast of Belgium We went for a drive to Nieuwpoort, a seaside resort at the Belgian coast. From our home town Breda, we drove via ‘traffic jam city’ Antwerp and Ghent. After a short stop in Nieuwpoort-Bad, we followed the coast north, back to Netherlands. A fine drive along dunes and through several lovely seaside resorts. Continue reading
- Blooming heather at Galderse Heide: a reminder to be mindful My parents used to take my brothers and me there for a Sunday afternoon walk. They believed that a weekly visit to the woods was extremely essential for our health, happiness and development. I believed it to be quite boring. Continue reading
- Trying to capture the autumn vibe in Princenhage // Breda Living in Princenhage, it is delightful to experience the changes of autumn in The Netherlands. Autumn comes in full swing. The metamorphosing trees dropping their leaves. The sun appearing lower in the sky and changing the light. The green fading into a golden brown, chestnut red, warm yellow. Continue reading
- Photo editing // Creating a nostalgic photo effect In May 2013, I had a cheerful photoshoot with Gabriëlla and Raymonde, who are passionate about horses. When I edited the photographs, I used the styles of the outfits to determine which photo effect I wanted to create. Continue reading
- Our road trip through the south-east of England We drove through Wiltshire, Hampshire and Sussex, explored prehistoric Avebury and Stonehenge, missed a freshly made crop circle, came across the most adorable little churches, walked at the green tops of the Seven sisters, and watched the waves roll up and then down the beach below the magnificent white cliffs of Birling Gap. Continue reading