Raymonde riding a horse // Curacao © Irèn Nooren // Memento Vivi
I know, nowadays there are a lot of apps and Photoshop filters to transform your photos into nostalgic, retro, fairytale or vintage images. But I still love to do it myself, with a little help of the Photoshop filters. I can spend hours editing images with Adobe Photoshop to create exactly the effect I had in mind.
Photoshoot of two girls riding horses in the countryside
In May 2013, I had a cheerful photoshoot in Curacao with Gabriëlla and Raymonde, two best friends who are passionate about horses. Needless to say there also were two horses involved. The girls had selected three different outfits: sporty casual, country style, and vintage romance. When I edited the photos, I used the styles of their outfits to determine which photo effect I wanted to create.
Photo editing // creating a vintage or nostalgic photo effect
Below the photos of the girls wearing elegant white vintage dresses. I edited the photos with Adobe Photoshop to give them a nostalgic look, using Channel Mixer [Windows > Adjustments > Channel Mixer] en Lens Flare [Filter > Render > Lens Flare].
The logo is designed in Adobe Indesign.
Photographs of Gabriëlla & Raymonde // Curacao © Irèn Nooren // Memento Vivi
More photo-editing by Memento Vivi // Irèn Nooren
- Driving down the coast of Belgium We went for a drive to Nieuwpoort, a seaside resort at the Belgian coast. From our home town Breda, we drove via ‘traffic jam city’ Antwerp and Ghent. After a short stop in Nieuwpoort-Bad, we followed the coast north, back to Netherlands. A fine drive along dunes and through several lovely seaside resorts. Continue reading
- Blooming heather at Galderse Heide: a reminder to be mindful My parents used to take my brothers and me there for a Sunday afternoon walk. They believed that a weekly visit to the woods was extremely essential for our health, happiness and development. I believed it to be quite boring. Continue reading
- The miraculous changes of springtime in Princenhage When I leave my house, I found myself gratefully welcoming each sign of new life, the trees decorated with explosions of flowers, their leaves bursting into wonderful vivid greens, the activity of nest building birds, the dazzling show of colours and scents, the warm, refreshing air… Continue reading
- Trying to capture the autumn vibe in Princenhage // Breda Living in Princenhage, it is delightful to experience the changes of autumn in The Netherlands. Autumn comes in full swing. The metamorphosing trees dropping their leaves. The sun appearing lower in the sky and changing the light. The green fading into a golden brown, chestnut red, warm yellow. Continue reading
- Our road trip through the south-east of England We drove through Wiltshire, Hampshire and Sussex, explored prehistoric Avebury and Stonehenge, missed a freshly made crop circle, came across the most adorable little churches, walked at the green tops of the Seven sisters, and watched the waves roll up and then down the beach below the magnificent white cliffs of Birling Gap. Continue reading