I have always loved lavender, the colour, the scent… it makes me happy // Princenhage ~ Breda
Font used in image is ‘Jane Austen’ by Pia Frauss
Happiness is counting my blessings.
Happiness is a feeling of joy. Although this feeling can suddenly happen without a reason, it is mostly caused by something or someone.
Happiness, mindfulness and being blessed
When I say that I am blessed, it does not mean that I am religious, it just means that I am mindful to notice simple pleasures and that I am grateful for all the good things that has happened in my life. There are so many things to be grateful for.
I believe that being grateful benefits my health and my happiness. It does not mean that everything in my life is necessarily great, but counting my blessings shifts my focus from what my life lacks to the abundance that is already present in my life. To what I pay attention to will grow stronger. And thus it is better to focus on the positive things and be aware of what makes me happy.
What makes me happy
Blog posts about what makes me happy
- Presenting my Christmas angel From now till 30th of December you can walk through the village and admire the Christmas decorations people have put out for this event. At the Christmas stable, located at the Haagse Markt in the centre of the village, you can pick up a map that shows all the participating houses. Continue reading
- How to create a wish list or goal list using Pinterest I love Pinterest. It is the perfect tool for planning a vacation, a home make-over or a party; collecting ideas for a new project; following your favourite designers and brands, family, friends or anyone who inspires you; or composing a wish or goal list. Continue reading
- Driving down the coast of Belgium We went for a drive to Nieuwpoort, a seaside resort at the Belgian coast. From our home town Breda, we drove via ‘traffic jam city’ Antwerp and Ghent. After a short stop in Nieuwpoort-Bad, we followed the coast north, back to Netherlands. A fine drive along dunes and through several lovely seaside resorts. Continue reading
- My 2015 wish list: setting goals for the upcoming year It might be a bit early, but with the New Moon coming up (24th September, 2014), I thought it to be the perfect moment for brainstorming on what I would like to do and what goals I would like to fulfil the upcoming year and composing a 2015 goal list. Continue reading
- Blooming heather at Galderse Heide: a reminder to be mindful My parents used to take my brothers and me there for a Sunday afternoon walk. They believed that a weekly visit to the woods was extremely essential for our health, happiness and development. I believed it to be quite boring. Continue reading
- The miraculous changes of springtime in Princenhage When I leave my house, I found myself gratefully welcoming each sign of new life, the trees decorated with explosions of flowers, their leaves bursting into wonderful vivid greens, the activity of nest building birds, the dazzling show of colours and scents, the warm, refreshing air… Continue reading
- Trying to capture the autumn vibe in Princenhage // Breda Living in Princenhage, it is delightful to experience the changes of autumn in The Netherlands. Autumn comes in full swing. The metamorphosing trees dropping their leaves. The sun appearing lower in the sky and changing the light. The green fading into a golden brown, chestnut red, warm yellow. Continue reading
- November 2013 // time to re-invent myself Astrologically, a Solar Eclipse with a Scorpio-ish glow in the first house is a time to focus on cleansing ourselves from deep emotional burdens, eliminate all pain and suffering and get inspired by thinking positive. Continue reading
- Photo editing // Creating a nostalgic photo effect In May 2013, I had a cheerful photoshoot with Gabriëlla and Raymonde, who are passionate about horses. When I edited the photographs, I used the styles of the outfits to determine which photo effect I wanted to create. Continue reading
- September ’13 // I am thankful to meet like-minded people Astrologically, the position of this New Moon transists in my 11th House in Virgo. New Moon in this house is a favourable time to start networking with like-minded people who love their job (Virgo). Continue reading
- August ’13 // I am ready to find a new creative job Astrologically, the position of this New Moon transists in my 10th House in Leo. New Moon in this house in the sign Leo is a favourable time to start or to make changes in a creative career. Continue reading
- June ’13 // I am grateful to find a buyer for our house Astrologically, the position of the New Moon transists in my 8th House. A favourable time for empowerment and financial planning, like selling our house and repay the home loan. Continue reading
- To live in a spacious and beautiful house in Curacao Reasons why I am blessed: I am grateful for the house, I have been living in for almost a decade. I enjoyed every minute of it. And I still do. I love the neighbourhood I live in. It is classy and peaceful. Continue reading
- The view from my previous office window // Curacao Each morning while I am working on my dear Mac, I enjoy the view from my office window. Lately this view is even more extra ordinary. Continue reading